Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weigh Overboard

Greetings!
It has been several week and I have been splitting my time between work and road trips. Road trips are code for CHEATING! A road trip is (for me) like deciding that you will ride the bus with your leg/arm or half your body hanging out of the bus window. I mean really....here I am, "on" the bus but I am kinda hanging out of the bus also! I will explain more about this in a moment (I was caught up in the land of metaphor...or something)

My sister, her baby and I hit the road to NYC on July 3rd in preparation for a family gathering on July 4th. With the food journal in my bag, (AKA: my written confessions of the good, the bad and deliciously chocolate) I headed up 270 toward Gettysburg, PA and parts further North. I cannot tell you what I ate, but I can tell you that it was NOT prepared at home and it had NOTHING to do with lettuce, fruit or anything as healthy as all that! I do not think that we were actually armed with ANYTHING that would have been helpful to me except WATER!

We stopped in Dillsburg, PA at the Giant Supermarket where we purchased these would-be delicious chicken breast and cheese sandwiches. The good news is that they were freshly prepared but the bad news; Well they were prepared in this terribly sweet bread and there as sooooooooo much meat I could barely bite the thing without unhinging my jaw! It was a BUST but we had to eat something right...? By the time we landed on Fulton Street I was starved and I had to pee! After stopping in Lane Bryant, Conway, the Children's Place, Macy's Rainbow and Dr, Jay's, we were ready to head upstate to Kelli's....but first: when downtown Brooklyn you MUST eat from a street vendor! Soooooooooooo, I had a shish kebob and a Pepsi (notice I left out the diet part) and Ashley had a hotdog and!

Once we reached Kelli's it was smooth sailing: Grilled chicken and steak with salad and water/wine and MORE WATER! Sunday morning it was eggs and a bagel (Gotta love NY bagels) with coffee and MORE WATER! Lunch was left over food from grill (hot dog) and then it was off to the July 4th cookout! Upstairs we head to put on our clothes and we hit the road, get lost arrive late and after all the food was put away! WHAT THE HECK?! Anyway we are saved by my aunt who gets us 2 plates of food: ribs, candied yams, collard greens, bakes ziti and cornbread stuffin'! OMG can you say CHEATING? I mean I was no longer even on my seat in the bus; I had FALLEN OUT OF THE WINDOW for Christ’s sake!

So, I will save you the drama of the trip home that should have taken 5/6 hrs but instead took 9hours in 101 degrees!

I arrived back home and missed bit the Monday class and the weigh in but on Wednesday I went to the Weigh in and the results:

239!
SHIT!
DAMN!
YAY!

Well, I guess I should be glad that there was NOT a gain with all the MADNESS I was eating!

More on this for Monday's weigh-in!

See you then!

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. you know...there is always eat some now - save some for later...or don't actually save it but give it to someone else...or put it away until you forget about it and then throw it away because by then it's gross...
    just a reminder (that i tell myself all the time too) for next time's road trip, you know!

    ReplyDelete