Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We Can't Weight

We can't wait for the doctor to say: "Ms. Hicks, you have Diabetes" to lose weight....or can we? What EXACTLY are we waiting for? I mean really, we know what's up. We know what is going on and still we wait, and wait and wait and wait. We wait for "something" to happen. And when that "something" happens THEN and ONLY THEN do we get on the weight loss bus. It is just like a bus....people getting on and off at "their stop." People deciding that the ride it too long and that they would rather get the express bus (pills, smoothies, surgery etc.). Others decide to get off the bus and WALK...Woah...good luck to those people.

Well I am on the bus AGAIN.....This time I have divided my ride between 2 buses. This is what I lovingly refer to as the 2-fare zone. A term you use when your commute causes you to pay your fare TWICE! Sooooooooo, I am in a 2-fare zone. The
1st fare is being paid to Weight Watchers and the 2nd fare is being paid to Montgomery County for the Biggest Loser Challenge.

On Monday you will recall that I weighed in at 241lbs. and kept it movingas wel say. Well today I FINALLY made it to a Weight Wacthers Meeting to weigh in and surround myself with others on the Local Bus to Weight Loss. As I stepped on the scale I told the woman at the desk that I had been having a hard time staying on track, that I had not been to a meeting in several weeks. "I am ready for you to step on the scale." Was she saying "get over yourself fatty and FACE THE MUSIC"? Hmmmmmm......

"You're down 2.6 today, " she says. "WTF?" (I say this in my head b/c she looked like a very nice lady). Out loud I say NOTHING and simply smile. I am SHOCKED! Shefinally says: "You know, I was not a a perfect weight watcher andI still lost the weight. I lost it slower than I would have liked, but I DID lose it and so will you. I just had to come to terms with the fact that I was not going ot follow the plan perfectly and get over it. I had to accept myself as I was...not perfect. I was much happier then and I still lost the weight....Just think you are down over 8 lbs Wyneshia....that's almost 10 lbs."

As I moved into the meeting space, a woman turned around to see who had come in....she is in the Biggest Loser Challenge....Ah Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Weight: 239 lbs

6 comments:

  1. You can do it Wy!!!!!! It's been a struggle for me as well but do not give up!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nadine!
    I have decided that I am "in it to win it" as my mother would say! I am determined to shed these extra pounds. I am not looking to be rail thin, but I just want to be more comfortable in my own body. I want to NOT have my knees hurting if I wear a PUMP! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your battle so openly. It's UNSPEAKABLE courage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nesh, I'm on this journey with you sis---it's awesome how honest you are about loosing the weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Sometimes I think it is better to have long periods in between actually "doing" something like "being on the bus" or weighing in...it allows me to realize that I can live in the new way without really trying and still be successful...even if it is slow success...

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU ALL for "weiggin in" here on the blog. This is a slow battle AND I am determined to WIN! I am glad to have you all along for "the ride!"

    ReplyDelete