Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Weight is Over




This evening I went to Studio 310 in Gaithersburg to begin the Biggest Loser Challenge of Montgomery County with my cousin. I have been looking for a way to lose weight within a supportive space. Well I really think that Studio 310 is that place. There were a ton of people there tonight. I was not really expecting that many people to be there, but it was very cool!

It was weird at first because there was a class going on as we entered the studio and I was a bit confused. At first I thought:"are we in the wrong place on the wrong day?" "What the heck is this class about?" So, I checked the schedule and it was a Zumba class....well....I could not figure out what the heck Zumba was supposed to be. I had always heard that it was a GREAT class and I was a bit confused (there was a lot of that going around) by what I saw. Let's just say that I had to "check my judgments at the door"

LITERALLY!

Looking back on it I think it is a good place for me to begin getting back into dance I think. It was kind of basic and I could identify some of teh foot work...it was a bit weird I MUST admit! Anyway, back to the challenge meeting.

There were soooooooooooooooo many of us and we joined under the Blue Team which meets every MONDAY evening for the next 8 weeks to weigh-in and....well WHO KNOWS??!?!?!I was NOT completely sure what Liz has in mind but I know that I am READY FOR WHATEVER! We were asked to pick a "Code Name,” seriously? A code name? COME ON LIZ! Well I discovered that they chart your weight and I guess having your "Code Name" up with your weight gains and losses will be a bit better than a huge sign that says: WYNESHIA is blankity blank pounds!"

SO, I guess at this point you may be wondering: "How much does this girl weight anyway?" I have been debating whether or not I will release my weight on this blog. I mean really......do I want my weight broadcast all over the internet? Well.....HELL NO, but....I think I want to see this as a pretty honest endeavor so here it is....drum roll please..............242.2. Whew.....I did it!

I am 242.2 lbs and I am setting a weight loss goal of 16 lbs at the end of the 8 week challenge. That would mean that I am losing 2 lbs every week. Can I do it!>!>>! YES I CAN! AT the end of this challenge: I CLAIM A 16 lbs WEIGHT LOSS placing me at 226 lbs!

WISH ME LUCK!

7 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you... You are getting back to the old wyneshia... taking charge of your life! Doing it your way! You can be my motivation:) so what's your code name LOL

    ~Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am NOT gonna tell you my SecretCode name Dude! However, I think you can guess if you really put ur mind to it! THANKSfor stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay me!I am soooooooooo excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here in NYC cheering you on LOUDLY and proud! You CAN do it!

    I began my own weight loss journey a few months ago and staying focused hasnt been easy. Last, week, I signed up for a 39 mile walk (Avon Walk for Breast Cancer) in Oct which I have to train for the next ~120 days for risk imminent death somewhere on the West Side Hwy at mile 10. No bueno!

    Thanks for sharing your journey! True inspiration for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at this picture & thinking how beautiful you are...INSIDE & OUT!! love you & GO GIRL!! You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU ALL for your support! Keep checking in here for updated posts! I am hoping to move this into book form at some point.......Keep me in mind LADIES!

    ReplyDelete